"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit."
Aristotle (384 BC - 322 BC)
(Based on a televison interview and reprinted with kind permission from RedHead Productions)
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
Playing the classical guitar.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Not to be able to play the classical guitar.
3. What living or dead person do you most admire?
Ludwig Van Beethoven for his genius at having composed the most inspiring music the world has known in spite of his crippling ailments, particularly his deafness.
4. What is the characteristic you most dislike in yourself?
That I’m not always very tidy and have been known to mess up a room so fast that you’d think a tornado had hit it.
5. What is the characteristic you most dislike in others?
6. What are you excessive about in your life?
Travel and chocolate
7. What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
8. When do you lie?
Not often but occasionally to protect my privacy.
9. Where would you like to live?
Somewhere I can see water and natural beauty
10. Which talent would you like most to have?
Well, I’d love to have a good voice and be a great tango dancer.
11. What is your favorite distraction?
(how do you relax?
) Walking, bicycling and Yoga.
12. What challenges you the most?
Finding time each day to do all the things I want to do.
13. What gives you the most satisfaction?
14. What do you regard as the lowest depth of despair?
Losing someone you love.
15. What is your most obvious characteristic?
I’m a dreamer and a romantic.
16. When and where were you happiest?
When I first moved to California and fell in love.
17. What is your most treasured possession?
The teddy bear my parents gave me when I was 3. Mosey still sits in my room and I named my record company after him.
18. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Introducing classical guitar to millions of people around the world.
19. If you had to come back as a person or animal what would it be?
A beautiful white bird.
20. If the Gods decided for you, based on your karma, what do you think they’d have you come back as?
A Spanish gypsy or a wandering minstrel .
21. Which historical figure do you most identify with?
22. What is the top thing on your lifetime to do list?
Find my soul mate.
23. What makes you feel safe and secure?
24. What award would you most like to receive and why?
Perhaps a Grammy Award
25. If you could have another career what would it be?
A great tenor or a flamenco player.
26. What profession would you hate to be in?
A vivisectionist torturing animals in laboratories.
27. What is your favorite word?
Amor, amore, l’amor, love
28. What are your favorite sounds?
classical guitar, a cat’s purr, birdsong, a mountain stream, crickets, a symphony orchestra.
29. What is your favorite food?
Tropical fruits, every type known to man
30. What words do you live by?
What is your motto?
The words of my English grammar school: "Aim high"
31. What is it that you most dislike?
32. What is it that you most like?
33. What was your ambition?
To make beautiful music and see the world.
34. What do you look forward to when you go to work?
The intense concentration of a performance, then meeting my audience afterwards
35. What do you look forward to when you go home?
A nice cup of English tea.
36. Who or what influenced you to choose your profession?
My mother took me to a concert by a famous classical guitarist Julian Bream and at that moment I decided I wanted to make it my life.
37. Who is your hero living or dead and why?
How about a heroine?
Frida Kalho for pursuing her passion for art and living a rich and fulfilling life in spite of terrible pain and a philandering husband.
38. What is your present state of mind?
A roller coaster of emotions but I do try to meditate!
39. What would you never do?
Cut my hair
40. Was there a "fork in road" experience that changed your life direction?
My decision to study music instead of English literature at the university.